This is such a big part of keeping your pet healthy. Examinations, vaccinations, parasite checks, blood work and dental care are all part of keeping your pet well.
Look at your pets teeth! Are they brown with tarter? Is their breath bad?
Tarter build up leads to gum disease, which leads to tooth loss and even heart and kidney disease.
Routine dental care for your pet will help them keep their teeth and stay healthy. We recommend a
dental check every 6 months.
Unfortunately our pets can have the same medical conditions we may have, such as infections, anemia, diabetes, liver disease, pancreatic disease and/or cancers. We offer a full in-home laboratory as well as overnight laboratory services to help assess your pets medical needs.
We offer EKG’s that are interpreted by a Board Certified Veterinary Cardiologist to ensure your pet gets the proper care and medications should a heart related problem be diagnosed.
X-rays may be needed to asses orthopedic or soft tissue problems. Our equipment allows us to have x-rays ready in just a few short minutes for our review.
When your pet comes to us for a surgical procedure, you can rest assured that we will provide the best care possible. While under anesthesia, your pet will be monitored and assisted by an Alabama State Licensed Veterinary Technician. We always recommend pre-anesthetic blood work prior to any surgical procedure.
Examples of surgeries offered:
- Elective – spay, neuter, cosmetic
- Corrective – orthopedic
- Necessary – cancers, non-cancerous mass excision
- Emergency – trauma, orthopedic, abdominal
Our in-house pharmacy is well stocked for your pets medications, flea and heartworm prevention, shampoos, and dental care.
If your pet is diagnosed with cancer, we will work hard to provide you with the latest information as well as options of treatment for that particular cancer.
“Special Needs” Boarding and Care
If your pet has a special need or medical condition that requires monitoring and medications (such as diabetes), you can be assured that our Doctors and Staff will meet those needs while you are away.
We ask that you bring all of your pet’s medications and make time to speak with a Technician or Veterinary Assistant before you leave.
- Boarding – Our caring staff will take care of your pets while you are away. We have some of the largest indoor heated and cooled runs in Dothan.
- Bathing – Pamper your pet with a therapeutic shampoo and pedicure.
- Grooming – We take pride in having one of the best groomers in Dothan – Brandi Tyrrell. Call ahead! Brandi grooms by appointment only and very rarely has cancellations.
- Microchipping – If your pet becomes lost or stolen, having a microchip placed under their skin can help them return home safely. Call our office (334.793.9779) and we can explain more about this quick procedure.